Sunday, September 1, 2019

What else can I do but jump?

I finally finished the artwork for the poem Towering from my upcoming book Wounds: New Openings Into Old Stories.  It took two tries to get the lettering just right (ah, the curse of perfectionism) but I am pleased with the final result. I love the textures of this piece.

This poem is about having very clear cut black and white views of the world which can be very old fashioned and oppressive and I wanted the artwork to reflect that. I wanted the only colour to be her hair as part of the theme of this work is the value of women being only their beauty and ability to reproduce. I deliberately made the bars on the window in the shape of a cross for this reason. 

Stay tuned for the next illustration which I hope will be ready by Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Carnivorous Geological Formations and Other Oddities of Nature

Hello lovelies! Thank you for stopping in to read about my new Short Story Bundles available as a digital download from my Etsy shop  Wild M...