Sunday, September 8, 2019

Quite Contrary

Hello lovelies! I have worked all weekend on two illustrations in tandom because they are both nursery rhymes that deal with gender issues in the workplace.

This one is from the poem Quite Contrary from my upcoming book Wounds: New Openings Into Old Stories.  

This poem deals with the perception of both men and women in the workplace.  I read an interesting article in Harvard Business Review about how the word ambitious was considered a positive trait in a man but was an insult when describing a woman.

Stay tuned for my next illustration where I tackle sexual harassment in the workplace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Carnivorous Geological Formations and Other Oddities of Nature

Hello lovelies! Thank you for stopping in to read about my new Short Story Bundles available as a digital download from my Etsy shop  Wild M...