Friday, January 8, 2021

Snow Child of Mine and Other Tales

Hello lovelies! Thank you for stopping in to read about my new Short Story Bundles available as a digital download from my Etsy shop Wild Mountain Thyme Publications

This is a bundle that retells three versions of Snow White entitled SNOW CHILD OF MINE AND OTHER TALES.  These stories were inspired by a dream about a snowman coming to life, books about organised crime in the East End of London and a biography of the Krays that a customer loaned me, and my Fairy Tale Friday blog where I was writing about different versions of Snow White and realised that there were very few with a male protagonist.     

In this bundle you will find the following stories:

Snow Child of Mine: A woman desperate for motherhood creates a daughter made of snow with fatal consequences.

Snitches Get Stiches: Jack the Giant Killer is interviewed by the police in conjunction with the death of East End club owner Mr ‘Snow’ White.

Snow Beard and Rose Red: Two refugees from the Kingdom of Frost and the Kingdom of Fire join forces.

You can see the cover art here depicting the story Snow Child of Mine:

 



If you would like to take a look inside you can read a small scene from Snitches Get Stitches below:

Snitches Get Stitches

DCI GRIMM: The date is Saturday the 23rd of March 1991 and the time is 15:25. Present for this interview are DCI Grimm and Inspector Andersen. Please state your name for the tape.

JACK STRAW:  My name’s Jack Straw. Am I under arrest here? I wanna phone my solicitor.

INSPECTOR ANDERSEN: This is just a routine enquiry, Mr Straw. We’re talking to everyone who was in the nightclub last night.

JACK STRAW:  So I was in The Miners last night. Big deal. I didn’t see nothin’.

DCI GRIMM: Mr Straw, you are also known as ‘Jack the Giant Killer’, isn’t that so?

JACK STRAW:  Some people call me that, yeah.

DCI GRIMM:  And how did you earn this nickname?

JACK STRAW:  When I was livin’ in Cornwall a beanstalk fell on my house.

INSPECTOR ANDERSEN: And a giant, I believe.

JACK STRAW:  It was never proved that I chopped down that beanstalk. And if I did, why would I have it fall on my own house?

DCI GRIMM:  I believe you came into a rather large insurance settlement and used the money to buy yourself a business in London.

JACK STRAW:  Yeah, so? That don’t mean I killed that giant. Why are you askin’ me this? I thought we were here to talk about who tried to kill Mr White?

DCI GRIMM:  Quite right. How often did you frequent Mr White’s nightclub?

JACK STRAW:  I was a regular down The Miners. What can I say, the whiskey was cheap and the girls were hot.

I hope this has whetted your appetite. If you fancy buying them just pop along to my shop at the link below or click on the green link at the side of this blog: 

WILD MOUNTAIN THYME SHOP

This listing is for the digital edition of SNOW CHILD OF MINE AND OTHER TALES. As soon as you complete your purchase, you will be able to download the PDF of this bundle. It's quick! It's easy! It's eco (no paper!) What are you waiting for? 

Thanks and happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Carnivorous Geological Formations and Other Oddities of Nature

Hello lovelies! Thank you for stopping in to read about my new Short Story Bundles available as a digital download from my Etsy shop  Wild M...