Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Open Locks, Whoever Knocks and Other Tales

Hello lovelies! Thank you for stopping in to read about my new Short Story Bundles available as a digital download from my Etsy shop Wild Mountain Thyme Publications

This is a bundle of three versions of Goldilocks and the Three Bears entitled OPEN LOCKS, WHOEVER KNOCKS AND OTHER TALES.  These tales were inspired by thinking about the rules for setting a password, a dream I had about bears getting revenge and thoughts I had over my morning breakfast.   

In this bundle you will find the following stories:

Open Locks, Whoever Knocks: Teenage computer hacker Gold E Locs takes down Bearington Enterprises.

Payback: The Three Bears exact revenge on Goldilocks.

Going Against the Grain: Young Junior Oates recounts his family’s torture by a ruthless blond ‘cereal’ killer.


You can see the cover art here depicting the story Open Locks, Whoever Knocks:

 


 If you would like to take a look inside you can read a small scene from Open Locks, Whoever Knocks below:

   That morning at exactly 3 a.m., his phone rang. Unknown number, the screen said. He answered it but said nothing just like he had been trained to do. In his line of work, it was better to listen than talk. He was paid to be muscle.

            “$10,000. That’s how much it will cost,” purred the voice on the other end.

            “$10,000 for what?” he replied. He knew it was her.

            “$10,000 for whatever your boss wants me to do. That’s the going rate. Take it or leave it.”

           “I’ll talk to him. How can I contact you?” He knew it was a gamble. She was smart. Too smart.

             “No chance, Mr Roland Childe Knight the third. I’ll call you back in an hour.”

              “How did you know my name? How did you even get this number?”

              “Oh, please,” she laughed that throaty laugh again. You know what I’m capable of. Finding a little piss-ant like you is a piece of cake or a walk in the park or any of those other clichés. Talk to you in an hour. Oh, and don’t try to trace the call. I’ve got my phone routed through some poor bastard’s phone in China and I’ll change my source the minute we’re through. Ciao, baby.”

            It amazed him that she had been able to track him down in less than an hour, but then her skills were the stuff of legend. He immediately phoned his boss who agreed to the fee.

            “If I am going to take down Bearington Enterprises, I need ammunition. I’ve got the money ready. Meet her and do the deal.”

             “Yes sir, Mr Wolff.”

             “Oh, and Roland…I’m taking the cost of the paintwork repair out of your paycheque.”

 I hope this has whetted your appetite. If you fancy buying them just pop along to my shop at the link below or click on the green link on the side of this blog: 

 WILD MOUNTAIN THYME SHOP

 This listing is for the digital edition of  OPEN LOCKS, WHOEVER KNOCKS AND OTHER TALES. As soon as you complete your purchase, you will be able to download the PDF of this bundle. It's quick! It's easy! It's eco (no paper!) What are you waiting for? 

Thanks and happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Carnivorous Geological Formations and Other Oddities of Nature

Hello lovelies! Thank you for stopping in to read about my new Short Story Bundles available as a digital download from my Etsy shop  Wild M...