Thursday, October 17, 2019

Instead, I got warts

Hello lovelies! With all the excitement of the books arriving I had to temporarily stop sewing on the artwork that will be on display at the book launch for my upcoming book Wounds: New Openings Into Old Stories but the next piece is finally finished.

Well done for those people who guess The Frog Prince. This tale is the story of a difficult marriage (sadly, based on a true story) and is a complex combination of fairy tale references.  There are nineteen references to fairy tales and one a reference to the poem The Highwayman. When you read the book see if you can spot them all!

I chose to illustrate the Frog Prince here as he is the centre of the tale. He is the one who she hopes will turn into a Prince...but as you will see he did not. She says, "Instead I got warts."

There are only 2 illustrations to finish now before the book launch. I hope you can join me on Saturday November the 9th from 12 to 2.30 so you can see the art in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Carnivorous Geological Formations and Other Oddities of Nature

Hello lovelies! Thank you for stopping in to read about my new Short Story Bundles available as a digital download from my Etsy shop  Wild M...