Sunday, August 25, 2019

Fabric Art for Wounds: New Openings Into Old Stories

Hello lovelies! I am so pleased to say that my upcoming book of feminist fairy tales entitled Wounds: New Openings Into Old Stories will be released in the autumn. We are working hard here at Wild Mountain Thyme Publications to get it ready.

I was inspired by an article about the Faith Ringold story quilt exhibit to create some fabric collage illustrations for my upcoming book as a companion piece that can be displayed at my book launch.

I went about my plans the way I always do-- to let my imagination work in the dreamtime. Every morning when I woke I would furiously scribble sketches in my notebook before I went off to work. I began to scour charity shops and visited our wonderful local craft shop (run for the last 40 years by two delightful ladies) for interesting materials.

Today I begin working on my first illustration and I thought i would give you a sneak peak of my work in progress.

Can you guess which famous fairy tale this comes from? I will give you a hint....if you have been reading my Fairy Tale Friday for the last few weeks you might be able to guess.

Stay tuned for the final textile illustration and a quote from the story.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Carnivorous Geological Formations and Other Oddities of Nature

Hello lovelies! Thank you for stopping in to read about my new Short Story Bundles available as a digital download from my Etsy shop  Wild M...